As a Pit Bull mommy, I’ve been on a search to find the perfect indestructible toys. You may be able to guess that this has provided quite the challenge! Here is the rundown of toys we’ve tried.
1. The Unbreakoball. I would have liked to show an action shot of my pack playing with this- but they don’t. It is still in wonderful shape, most likely collecting dust under my bed. Leroy will give it about one second of attention. Then he’ll realize he can’t pick it up, it’s not squishy or exciting enough, and he’ll go get something else. I’ll give this toy an 7/10. Indestructible- potentially. But mine haven’t given it much of a chance.
2. Jolly Ball- “Teaser Ball“. Leroy likes this toy for short periods of time. It will not hold his attention for longer than 5 minutes. But I do feel that it’s pretty indestructible. He can’t get a good grip on the edge of the ball, and the shape of it makes it hard for him to cause any damage. We’ll say, 8/10. Not a bad purchase!
3. Jolly Ball- “Tug-n-Toss“. Leroy had the pleasure of playing with this toy while he stayed with Leigh at Opportunity Barks during my vacation. He doesn’t even have one yet! But his birthday is coming- SHH, don’t tell him 🙂 However, this toy was pretty great, puncture proof, easy to carry, chase, and fetch. I’m looking forward to buying it and only slightly worried for my house! I think this one deserves a 9/10, but as I said, I haven’t purchased it yet.
4. Good ol’ plastic bottles. (No link required) Leroy loves chomping on any type of plastic. My preferences are the more heavy duty kind, think Tropicana orange juice bottles. We do a 2x recycle and there was no extra cost involved. I drink whatever may be inside, Leroy flattens the bottle, we recycle it. Not indestructible by any means, but cheap and worth tossing to your pooch! (that is unless they eat things whole). I give it a 6/10 because recycling is easy and cheap 🙂
5. Nylabones. Solid plastic? We’ll take it! Jora had a nylabone in her mouth, basically at all times. Leroy enjoys them in phases. Tofu isn’t so into them. But they last! They are not soft or squeaky or exciting, but I trust leaving them in the crates when I’m not home. And they’re good for a nice munch on every now and then. I give a 8/10 for these, but it has to be the “Powerful chewer” style.
(These two pictures are especially terrible- I apologize)
6. Tuffy Toys. First of all, it has to be the Tuffy Toy level 10. And I am sad to report that our long lasting Tuffy Toy was recently demolished. Tofu did most of the damage, and Leroy finished it off. However, I am still going to give it a 9/10. It lasted a long time. And got the most play because it was soft and easy to pick up. I will be buying more of these in the future. Well done Tuffy! Also, I don’t think Leroy would have killed it without Tofu’s help 🙂
If you have any great toy suggestions, please comment and let us know!
If you have any questions about Tofu, becoming a foster parent, or the adoption process- you can email me (Leroy’s mom) at Casey@caseyheyen.com